Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

New Beginnings!

I am excited to announce that I will become a part of the Unity Grove family in Henry County next year.  I will be joining the third grade team and teaching a talented and gifted (TAG) class.  The school is adopting a project based learning focus that I am looking forward to.  I have learned a lot about project based learning in the past few years and hope to bring some new ideas to my new team.  

With new beginnings comes a sense of closure.  I have been blessed to be at a school for the past 8 years with many friends and talented colleagues.  Leaving Jackson Elementary is bittersweet.  My administrators always supported me and my ideas (although they probably thought I was crazy for wanting to do some of the things I did i.e. see through bird feeders on our class windows and having a leopard gecko as a class pet that wandered around our class), but they always supporterd and even encouraged me.  I am leaving behind families where I have taught 2 or 3 siblings, a community of supportive parents, and colleagues that have become friends.  

I look forward to getting to know a new group of students, teachers, and administrators as this new chapter of my life begins.     

No comments:

Post a Comment