Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Blogging Buddies

Hi ISTE Blogging Buddies! 
The first step to change is admitting you have a problem, right? Well then, Hello, My name is Jessica and I am a lazy blogger.  

Can you relate? 

I have always loved reading educational blogs.  Some of my best lessons and professional developments have come from reading and implementing ideas found in blogs.  So when I started my blog a few years ago, I thought writing would come naturally.  I had so many ideas to share. Boy was I wrong! 

While at EdCampAtlanta last weekend there was a session on staying motivated as a blogger.  One attendee mentioned ISTE Blogging Buddies.  I looked into it and signed up right then and there! 

Blogging for me is a very personal thing.  I feel like I am letting people see the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I began to feel very venerable which is why I ultimately stopped blogging.   I now realize that the "bad and the ugly" are just as important to explore as"the good".  

So I am writing a new Mission Statement for my blog to help me stay focused.  I found great guidelines for writing a blog mission statement on a blog called CoSchedule. I want to do this right so I'm going to take a few days to get my thoughts organized.  Hopefully, I'll be able to unveil my Blog Mission Statement in my next post.  

Do you have a mission statement for your blog? If not here are a few resources: 
Why You Need A Blog Mission Statement and How to Create One

How To Write A Daring Blog Mission Statement

Happy Blogging! 
Jess

4 comments:

  1. Jess, first of all, you made me LOL at the beginning! Blogging can feel scary when you're essentially putting it all out there, but I think it's really important that we share the failures with the successes. As a tech coach, I constantly encourage teachers to try new things and embrace the failure to learn from it. I try to model and do the same thing myself. Thanks for joining us on this journey, I'm looking forward to learning with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, I also chuckled when I started reading your post. I go in cycles with my blog. I really like the idea of a mission statement for blogs. I'll be exploring some of the resources you shared. Thanks so much for your honesty and humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to your blogging struggle. I too am a lazy blogger. I'm also very apprehensive about clicking the publish button. Too many "what ifs" run through my head. One of my new blogging goals is to have writing be a freeing experience. Toss it out there. If someone likes it great. If not, that's fine too, but I will grow from the process nonetheless. Here we go blogging buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright Mrs. Mercado, lets break a bad habit, get back on that horse and lets blog! I would love to even hear about the solutions you have to your day in-and-out challenges.

    ReplyDelete